Hyosung Advanced Materials is actively participating in international initiatives to strengthen its sustainability management capabilities, and transparently discloses the results of our efforts to strengthen sustainability management to stakeholders. With the launch of a new climate system based on the Paris Agreement of the 21st COP21 in 2015, we are actively participating in the '2030 National Greenhouse Gas Reduction Roadmap'. Also, as a member of the UN Global Compact, we are actively participating in activities to improve sustainability and corporate citizenship.
Various initiatives are being created globally to seek sustainable development for Our Common Future. HAMC agrees to such a move and joins initiatives that reflect the characteristics of the our business field to encourage mutual implementation and cooperate.
- HAMC selected as ESG Leader in Korea
Hyosung Advanced Materials was selected as one of the '2022 Korea's Top 100 ESG Champions'
through a survey by Statista, a German global market research institute, Hankookilbo,
and the Korea Times. In particular, it ranked first in the environment category,
which evaluates how a company actively participates in environmental protection,
adheres to relevant environmental standards, uses resources responsibly and conducts
business in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Hyosung AdvancedMaterials and Ulsan plant selected as "Certified Company for CSR in the Community"
- In recognition of the volunteer works and contributions to the local community, Hyosung Advanced Materials and Ulsan plant were selected by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and Korea Social Welfare Association.
- HAMC and Ulsan plant selected as "Certified Company for CSR in the Community"
- Hyosung Advanced Materials received the Carbon Management Honors Club and Carbon Management Sector Honors at the 2020 CDP Climate Change Response/Water Management Awards. CDP Korea Chapter selected 18 companies as Secter Honors out of the 200 companies that responded to CDP Climate Change. With the third-highest score, HAMC was honored with the Carbon Management Honors Club , which is given to the top five companies, for having received the highest score regardless of industry. Particularly, this award is meaningful since it is a recognition of our preemptive efforts for climate change management.
- Jeonju plant wins official commendation for CSR from Provincial governor
- The Jeonju plant was selected as a successful winner in the 2021 Hope Sharing Campaign on October 20th and received the official commendation from the Jeonbuk provincial governor. The winners are selected parties and individuals who have contributed to the promotion of community welfare and the spread of sharing culture. Jeonju plant received this award in recognition of the volunteer works and contribution it has been carrying out since it started operation in 2013.
- Hyosung Chemical Fiber (Jiaxing) Co., Ltd. selected as an excellent charity
Jiaxing plant was selected as an excellent charity by Jiaxing Economic Development Zone in February 2019.
Since its establishment, it has been recognized for its contributions to various social contribution activities, including activities for the vulnerable groups in the community and donation and support for educational facilities.
- Hyosung Chemical Fiber (Jiaxing) Co., Ltd. selected as an excellent safety management company
- In February 2019, Jiaxing plant was selected as a company with excellent safety management by Jiaxing Economic Development Zone. It was selected in recognition of the company's various efforts for safety management, including raising awareness of safety training for all employees and providing customized training for each safety officer.
- 2018 Ulsan plant selected as an “Excellent workplace with employees’ health improvement”
- Ulsan Plant was selected as an excellent workplace with employees’ health improvement by the Ministry of Labor and Safety and Health Agency on February 7, 2018. It has been recognized as an excellent workplace by acknowledging the evaluation of various health promotion activities, voluntarily promoted by labor and management.
- Hyosung Advanced Materials received a commendation for excellent volunteer work from the mayor of Seocho-gu on December 5, 2018.
- Hyosung Advanced Materials was recognized for its volunteer activities and contribution to the local community with the recommendation of the Seocho Joongang Senior Welfare Center, to which the company has provided volunteer service for seven years since 2012. Hyosung Advanced Materials has offered a helping hand to those in need every month, such as meal assistance at a welfare facility for people with severe disabilities and cleaning activities at a senior welfare center of Seocho-gu.
- Our Vietnamese subsidiary, Hyosung Veitnam Co., Ltd. was awarded the Minister of Planning and Investment Prize at Vietnam’s "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Awards” held in December 2015.
- The winning of the award was in recognition of the variety of educational volunteer activities and cultural exchanges carried out by Hyosung in Vietnam, including dispatching overseas medical corps, the Smile Expedition, and collegiate volunteer group 'Hyosung Blue Challenger' as well as donating books and computers to local elementary schools.