Introduction to our job functions
- Production Management
- This function ensures that all our production processes are operated optimally so that we can reliably and timely deliver products compliant with applicable quality specifications based on our leading global technologies. In addition, it maximizes the overall efficiency of our production sites by, for example, improving their cost competitiveness through better production processes in order to garner a competitive edge that will help us succeed in future markets.
- Quality Assurance
- This function tests the quality of products from our local and international plants and make improvements as needed. It also takes immediate action for any complaint or claim raised, ensuring better customer experiences with us. Another important activity for quality assurance is to ensure compliance with international quality standards based on global quality, safety and environmental best practices.
- Maintenance of Machinery and Electricity
- This function ensures that our production facilities and electricity/water supply are well maintained for full availability and can take remedial action against any defect found in existing facilities to enable their maximum performance. It also ensures that new machines required for new or expanded local or international plants are designed and implemented so that they become fully available as fast as possible.
- Utility Management
- It maximizes process efficiency by operating, maintaining and enhancing power, environmental facilities and utility facilities required for full operation of the production facility.
- Environmental Management
- It runs facilities to mitigate pollution including one for air pollution control, water treatment facilities and waste disposal facilities and operate environmental facilities to reduce generation of pollutants.
- Safety Management
- It has safety standards applicable to our workplaces in full compliance with laws and regulations on the environment and supervises our production sites and our contractors to minimize potential for accidents involving workers.
- Domestic Sales
- Sales targets are set for profit maximization and used as guidance for our marketing activities towards manufacturers and distributors of tires or automobile parts as well as other industrial goods.
- International Sales
- Products are made in the best optimal production sites around the world that can meet the needs of global customers in order to provide differentiated value-in-use for customers and help increase our bottom line.
- This function conducts market surveys thoroughly and systematically to meet our sales targets. It also watches closely how our competitors perform and develop new markets. Finally, it identifies customer needs to attract new customers through differentiated marketing tactics.
- Technical Marketing
- Based on its expertise in product/technology, this function provides differentiated offerings that can meet customer needs and help the company maximize its value for approval of new products and the company manage customer complaints. The function also offers solutions differentiated for different customers for better interaction with them and better experiences for them.
- Planning and Management
- This function sets up the business vision and goals for sustainable growth of the company and recommends a wide range of choices of operating strategies for management to help achieve management goals and higher business capability. It also take
preemptive measures against potential business risks.
- Business Administration
- This function consists of i) accounting including global financial reporting and preparation of financial statements, ii) managerial work to support business activities based on analysis of P/L, quality, cost and sales SG&A, etc., and iii) investment related work including new business, acquisition and investment in new global production facilities.
- This function ensures efficient use of human resources through fair recruitment, evaluation, HR management and good labor-management relations and offers training programs for individual members and organization alike to have the capability required for global business.
- General Affairs
- This function ensures that a good working environment is offered so that our members can serve with a sense of ownership and passion, organizes events, and manages the company's tangible and intangible assets.
- Activities of this function includes public relations through various forms of media, highlighting the company's operation and social responsibility and communication of the company's values and culture across the organization through company-wide channels such as internal newsletters and broadcasting.
- R&D Planning
- This function keeps track of R&D development in the industry, sets up mid- to long-term goals for the research lab's R&D efforts and administers the company's patents and proprietary technologies.
- Materials Research
- This function helps improve the reliability and quality of products from the company, including textile and steel for tire reinforcement, aramid and carbon fiber and is involved in R&D activities to develop core differentiated technology specific to Hyosung Advanced Materials.
- New Specification / New Product Development
- This function develops new products specific to certain customer groups and premium goods that can generate values for customers. It also participates in joint research projects in an effort to develop products that can meet customer needs and requirements.
- Process Technology Research
- This function is responsible for developing new process technology to reduce cost, improve quality and increase production efficiency.